photo about-33_zpsc2796928.png photo boutique_zps2f81eed7.png photo contact-67_zps4ff04dc1.png photo featured-2_zpse50da8dc.png

Monday, January 30, 2012

"Dancing is just my thing"


 On Saturday Katie and I had the opportunity to go to the Ability First expo at the Aquarium of the Pacific. The day was full of exhibits, activities, classes, performances and more. We arrived just in time for the Hip Hop class where Katie learned some awesome moves and a little routine. At the end of the class, Katie was asked if she wanted to perform what she had just learned on the big stage a few hours later! She was SO excited!! 
 After lunch we headed to the big stage where Katie prepared for her dance. I was a nervous wreck. I sat in the front row with a nervous stomach while Katie gleamed with excitement on the stage! The time came for her little dance and then after the dance she did some "free styling". I got it on video here. Katie was in heaven and I was SO proud and had to wipe away a few tears! After I said to her, "Katie, you are such a great dancer!!" She responded with "well, mom, dancing is just my thing!" 
more tears.

 I am forever grateful for her example and how much she teaches me each day. She does not let her disability get in the way of all her abilities. It was such a beautiful day spent with my Katie girl. Sure love her! 

 
 Speaking of Love, I sure love this girl too! Ella was wearing some new LPL accessories this weekend and showing off her new hair cut that she got on our day out together! 

p.s. did you check out the sale going on over in the shop? take 15% off your entire order! Sale ends tomorrow. use code: soinlove at checkout. 

And while we're on topic of love, have you met Alyssa over at Rags to Stitches yet?
I met Alyssa in real life at a boutique in December. She is the sweetest thing and I have loved getting to know her more though the blog. Her words are so heartfelt and she is super talented too! Today she is hosting a Penelope Lane give away for two hair wraps of your choice here.

Happy Monday! 
Hope your week is full of LOVE!
XO

3 comments:

  1. How cute is that? I love when people younger than us can TEACH US something. It's crazy how amazing they can be!

    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to show this video to EVERYONE because it is so stinking CUTE! It just touches my heart. I love how confident Katie is! She just shines.

    ReplyDelete