photo about-33_zpsc2796928.png photo boutique_zps2f81eed7.png photo contact-67_zps4ff04dc1.png photo featured-2_zpse50da8dc.png

Friday, February 26, 2010

About Me


Hi, I'm Sarah (from a "Hull" Lot of Fun)!

Here is a little background on how Penelope Lane started....

In 2003 we welcomed our sweet daughter Katie into our family. Katie was born with Spina Bifida (to read her story click here) and I noticed early on when I took her to all of her doctors, hospital and therapy appointments wearing a bow she received extra attention. I also noticed that other children her age would often comment about the bow in her hair first and then ask about her walker or wheelchair second.

 To me, the bows seemed to be a buffer. People would say "I love her bow..." and then ask about her situation. We always welcomed the opportunity to share Katie's story and the bows seemed to open the door to that, as crazy as it sounds, it's true!

 Less than two years after Katie was born we welcomed another sweet girl into our family, Ella.

With two little girls, our bow collection only grew and grew... 
.... and so did our girls!
 (above Katie (7) and Ella (6) now)!

People would often ask if I had made the girls bows and I would say that I wish I had, but I always just bought them at boutiques or on etsy. 
Sweet sisters Katie and Ella 
Then one rainy day close to two years ago, the girls and I sat down to do some crafts and and I made a bow, and then another and another! I had so much fun making them that soon after I started up "Little Penelope Lane" and the rest is history! 
My goal is to make hair accessories that both moms and daughters can enjoy together!

And one more thing... I can't do an "about me" page without mentioning my boyfriend/husband/love of my life, Bryant. He was my secret crush in college and now that secret is no longer, everyone knows I die over him! We were married in 2001 and he is my rock and my support. 
He not only supports me with Penelope Lane but here too! So grateful for him! 
Speaking of boyfriends... I have another one and his name is Carter. 
He is three and melts my heart every single day! 
Thanks for stopping by Little Penelope Lane!

more info: 
I also host open houses, bow parties (where hostess can earn free hair accessories) and Penelope Lane boutiques (home boutiques with over 30 local crafters) a few times a year.

I am involved in Boutiques around Southern California including the Queen Bee Market (in San Diego) and Stock and Stuffers Boutique (in Brea).

Little Penelope Lane hair accessories can also be found at the  Cinnamon Stick store in Los Alamitos, CA.
(abovie: Cinnamon Stick)




For more info you can contact me at littlepenelopelane@hotmail.com