Wednesday, April 17, 2013

WIWW

Hello Friends! Today I am linking up with Lindsay over at What I Wore Wednesday for some fashion inspiration. When it comes to fashion, often times I don't have a clue what is going on. I often just go with what is comfortable and easy to wear while being a mom. While looking over my closet the other day, I realized I have a lot of plain colored shirts, about fifteen shirts with either navy, red or black stripes on them and just a handful of outfits with busy prints. The ones with busy prints do not get worn too much because I tend to shy away from them. 
A while ago I was shopping for some new church clothes and came across this find. I loved the material as it was soft and seemed to flow well (back to comfort being a top priority). However, I was still in my weight loss journey so it did not fit quite right. But, I took the risk and bought it anyway with the hopes of fitting into it a few weeks later. I attempted to wear it once before but decided it was too soon and needed to reach my weight loss goal before I wore it so it would fit better. I was starting to get a little frustrated and thought about taking the dress back thinking that maybe it would never fit properly.
Then, finally the day came when I zipped it up and it fit just right! I was thrilled! I put the dress on and let myself feel comfortable and confident in this out-of-my-comfort-zone dress. 
Speaking of comfort zone, WIWW is totally out of my comfort zone, but it's fun and for me it has been really motivating  It has motivated me to help me reach my (first) goal weight as well as look beyond my plain clothes and have fun with prints and fashion. I am glad I did not take this dress back as it was worth the wait.
Now this dress is currently in Hawaii with my sister who is borrowing it on her trip there. For me, it is always a good sign if my sister wants to borrow something because she is very fashion forward and ten years younger, so she totally knows fashion WAY more than I do. 

She did however, keep the belt at my house saying that she had another one she would use....

Dress: Marshalls
Shoes: Target
linking up here:
pleated poppy

6 comments:

  1. Girl....you look FABULOUS!!!!! Sarah does it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the outfit! you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning!! you, this look, your site! so happy i stumbled across it in the link up wow!! anybody that loves leopard in their life is ok by me, cant wait to read more xo

    http://myotherclosetiscouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great dress. Congrats on the weight loss :)

    ReplyDelete

  5. Great style!!! Learn much about how to dress! I want mens leather jackets and hear about cwmalls.com is a good site. Hope I can find a nice one to invest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kudos for stepping out of your comfort zone! I love the look you put together! Congratulations on your weight loss! I know it was fun to zip it up without any trouble!


    -Karen
    www.yourstylistkaren.com

    ReplyDelete