Tuesday, January 8, 2013

WIWW and Twenty Pounds Down


This is my first WIWW ("What I Wore Wednesday") post since losing 20 pounds!
 WIWW is what helped to motivate me to get started on my weight loss journey as I realized my clothes were not fitting well and I was making too many unhealthy choices resulting in bad eating habits for myself and my children. After my hysterectomy I put on so much extra weight. Looking back, I realize I was really eating through my grief. Once I got to a better place, a place of acceptance and peace it helped me to stop the extra eating and start my journey to better health. 

However, it was in October that I decided it was time for some serious change. I am so glad I took that first step as I feel so much better and my family is much healthier too! 
I've written a little about my weight loss journey over here but this week, I actually reached my first goal of losing twenty pounds. It feels so good to be healthier and getting closer to the weight I was before having children ten years ago. 

Now onto WIWW: 

Above, Bryant and I heading out to celebrate our eleven year anniversary in Newport Beach. 
 I found the above top, necklace and boots all from Sears. The top was on sale for seven dollars! I live close to a shopping center that has Sears in it and always find fun, less expensive items there.

On our little anniversary get a way we did some shopping at Fashion Island. I had a gift card to Forever 21 and that is where I got this top, necklace and shoes. 

Above: back to the routine (after a wonderful Christmas break) of picking up and dropping off kids from school all day long. It was a chilly morning, so I had to bundle up in my mustard coat from Target. 
Shirt: Gap (also on sale for seven dollars, I bought four of them in all different colors)
necklace: my sisters that I borrowed forever ago
Jeans: local boutique
boots: sears
Hair wrap: local boutique

A super comfy mom outfit (and a no-make up day).
 I spent the day taking kids to school, baking cookies with my little guy and visiting with a dear friend that came over for the afternoon. My favorite types of days.
I just bought these black, thick, cozy leggings from TJ Maxx (for six dollars) and I am pretty sure I'll be living in them for the rest of winter. So comfy, so cozy, so warm! 
shirt: Christmas gift from my husband
 boots: I have no idea, I bought them forever ago

Getting the weight off has made WIWW much more fun and enjoyable!
pleated poppy
Linking up with Lindsey for What I Wore Wednesday! 

P.S. We are  now accepting applications for the Spring
on March 23rd in Orange County, CA. 
This is our ninth show! We have most of our awesome past vendors joining us again, but we have room to add a few more booths. If you are interested in joining us, there is more info on the Penelope Lane boutique blog HERE
Penelope Lane Boutique
SAVE the date for March 23rd at the Old Ranch Country Club in Seal Beach! 

14 comments:

  1. You are so adorable! LOVE that yellow coat!
    You look amazing, too. I just started doing WIWW posts and it's kinda making me realize that I, too, want to make some lifestyle changes and healthier choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 20 pounds! Awesome lady! My body is fighting me tooth and nail about losing weight, but I am down 5 pounds. 35 more to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! Thanks for sharing! and super cute outfits and awesome deals!!! My sister and I started a fitness blog separate from our home/diy blog as well. You should stop by and see it! http://www.fit.naturallysisters.com Happy for you for losing so much! I love hearing success stories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look adorable Sarah! Blessings to you and your family in 2013!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the weight loss, great deal on that shirt and your 11th anniversary! I just celebrated my 10th.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great! I am also documenting my weight loss through outfit posts, but I just started on that boat. 20 pounds?! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the weightloss. You look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. Wow wow wow wow wow WOW. Looking SO GREAT CONGRATS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your weight loss! You look great! I love your hats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh your family is adorable! I love that there is meaning behind why you started Penelope Lane. It makes it that much more special! Congrats on the weight loss! I just had my 2nd daughter in September and am struggling to lose the baby weight. They don't lie when they say its harder after the second baby! Yikes! I can't wait to read more about your weightloss journey- I am hoping to draw some inspiration from it :)

    Anyway, found you from WIWW and I am so excited to follow your blog!!

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute outfits and congrats on the weight loss! I love that mustard coat~ Target never fails to surprise me with their cute stuff. Stopping by from the Pleated Poppy~ Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look AMAZING!! Great job on losing all that weight! Isn't it great when you get that positive spark in you that leads you to achieve your goals! I am totally loving your pink shirt with black leggings!

    xoxo,
    Shio

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! I am on my own weight loss journey after 3 kids. Thanks for the inspiration to get moving! And I would love to see what you use tomstyle your hair sometime. ;) I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look amazing!!:)Congratulation on your weight loss!!:)

    ReplyDelete