Wednesday, July 11, 2012

WIWW

Fourth of July is one of my favorite Holidays so we got out all our Red, White and Blue to celebrate! Before we headed off to the parades, water fight, swim party and bbq all day extravaganza (blogged about here), we snapped a few photos. The girls and I wore our festive Penelope Lane hair wraps
 I just want to document this while I am thinking about it. Katie often has her leg braces or shoes on so I don't have too many pictures of just her sweet little feet. Her feet melt me all the time. They are 100% paralyzed. I often hear pregnant women say "I just want a healthy baby with ten fingers and ten toes." When I was pregnant with Katie, even before I knew she would be born with Spina Bifida, I could not say those words. I knew in my heart that something would be different. Sure, she has ten toes, but they don't move at all. Her ten toes don't work but, we still live a happy life. Even with feet that don't move, that girl does so much and is such a bright light in our life. She teaches me every single day by her example and strength. 
At the parade with my siblings.... Scott, Steve and Sandy
Love them!

Saturday night date night
I was in a rush to get ready and I feel like my outfit is from 2004 but regardless it was comfortable and the shirt was super stretchy... which I needed for
Morton's Steakhouse with this group...

How fun is it to have cousins who are also your friends...
so fun! 
We went out with my two cousins and their spouses and had a blast! 

speaking of blast... are you coming to this on Sat. July 21st in Long Beach???
and have you seen the Sneak Peek of all the awesome vendors?
Sure hope to see you there!


pleated poppy
linking up

5 comments:

  1. Love those hair wraps! I think it is amazing what the spirit of a child can teach us all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfits! Love the 4th of July one and I love those head wraps!! I just sent you an email.

    Courtney

    Love2sisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such sweet photos, and cute outfits!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could your family be any cuter?? I LOVE that everyone matched and looked adorable!

    ReplyDelete