Wednesday, January 25, 2012

First time WIWW

So the WIWW (what I wore Wednesday) blogs are always fun but I have always been shy about it. However, I have decided to get out of my comfort zone over here on Penelope Lane and mix things up. I think the reasons I am shy is I get embarrassed about posting just a picture of me. I have been self conscious the last few years but I believe that is due to always feeling bloated and tired. Thanks to the recent hysterectomy, I am feeling like a new person!!

 Free of pain and discomfort and more full of life! 

 Second, I am not a big clothes shopper. 
I like clothes shopping but when I go, I never know what to buy and always come home with the same looking clothes that I have in the closet. Something that I want to work on and maybe being a part of WIWW will help with that. 

Third, I don't shop at fancy places. My reality is that I am a mini van driving mom and I spend the majority of the day driving kids around. That includes getting the wheelchair in and out of the car and without fail getting dirty. So I keep it safe with jeans, shirt and sweater or sweatshirt. 

BUT, with that disclaimer, I am still going to try and take the WIWW challenge (as I type this in my fifteen year old Ricks College ratted sweatshirt) because I need to. 

This is a new year and this is a new, healthier me and this will be fun! 

Above: On our Palm Springs 10 year anniversary trip on our way to Sushi. 
Shirt and sweater: Khols, 
jeans: forever 21, 
boots: payless
 
My every day life as a mini van driving mom.
On our way to drop Katie off at Sewing Class and then off to take the littles to gymnastics. 
Wearing "the mom" Penelope Lane hair wrap that can be found here

 
This was a treat. A night out at Roy's for my husband's company dinner. He and his business partner like to have their holiday party after the holidays. So we went out with their company last week and had the best time! I LOVE the people he works with. Such good (and really fun) people. We had a great time! 

 Jacket (that I kept on the entire time because I was freezing): Forever 21


So there you have it! My first WIWW. 
That was fun!

Linking up with Lindsey over here 
pleated poppy

and Nina at
Momma Go Round

8 comments:

  1. I have never heard of WIWW - This was ridiculously fun and adorable to read. You are gorgeous!! And you have such fashion sense, I must say. I'm feelin' inspired to check out this Forever21 place...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm WIWW rookie myself...you did fab! So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are adorable! Yay for doing WIWW. I've done a couple & am trying to build up the courage to do more. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANK YOU for being my 900th follower! SERIOUSLY just made my day! :D

    Your blog is so cute and I love that your daughter takes sewing classes. I sew wish I was good at sewing. haha! Can't wait to read more of your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely.

    Followed the blog, hope you don’t mind. And who knows, maybe you’ll visit me someday too.

    www.thebookness.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great! Love that head wrap.
    I'm having a giveaway on my blog for an Oia Jules bracelet if you want to check it out :)
    http://www.restylerestorerejoice.blogspot.com/2012/01/oia-jules-giveaway.html
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete